Cycle Canada's Rocky Mountain Tour
Cycle Canada's Rocky Mountain tour starts in Calgary, Alberta and ends in Waterton Lakes National Park with a return shuttle to Calgary, Alberta. The ride is week long ride which is part of the Cycle Canada Series of events.
All Indoor Accommodation for 2017 Ride
Rocky Mountain is a supported tour and accommodation is indoors. Our route takes us to Vermilion Pass, Radium, the Columbia Trench, Fernie, Crows Nest Pass and Waterton Park.
Services in some areas can be minimal and riders will pass through remote areas with spectacular scenery.Availability Register
Start and End in Calgary Alberta
Calgary to Banff
Leaving Calgary we will ride towards Banff, and it is a short riding day, so you will have time to dally in this chic modern village with a past that is part of the history of the old west. We'll ride towards Vermillion Pass and Radium Hot Springs.
At Radium we are in the Rocky Mountain Trench, a long basin that includes part of the Canadian portion of the Columbia River. We then follow the Columbia River as it flows north. Just past Columbia Lake, we follow the Kootenay River to Lake Koocanusa (kootenay-canada-usa).
From there the Kootenay River goes south to the U.S. and the Elk River northeast to Fernie.
Fernie to Waterton Lakes
From Fernie we'll travel to Sparwood and the the Crowsnest Pass where we'll cross the the B.C. — Alberta boundary. We skirt past ranchland to get to Waterton National Park, which is at the U.S. border.
Shuttle back to Calgary
From Waterton there will be a shuttle to Calgary at the end of the ride.
Tour Summary Dates and Fees
- Dates: July 17 to July 24, 2017
- Fees are per person in Canadian funds
|Optional Single Supplement||$560.00||$28.00||$588.00|
- Total amount includes Registration Fee ($150.00) and Deposit ($250.00) which are non-refundable (please refer to our cancellation policy)
- Goods and Services Tax (GST). There is a discount of 50% of the GST amount for non-Canadian residents.
- Single room option may be limited. We are not able guarantee ensuite bathrooms.
Accommodation & Meals
- Nights indoors — 8 nights
- 7 breakfasts and 1 dinner
Distances and Rating
- Total Distance — 705 km (435 mi)
- Daily Average — 117 km (72 mi)
- Longest Day — 138 km (85 mi)
- Riding Days — 6
- Shuttle Day — 1