Cycle Canada Tours
Cross Canada Tours
- Tour Length: Tour du Canada, 10 weeks; Tour Arctic two weeks.
- Accomodation: Mostly camping with some indoor stays.
- Trip Distances: Tour du Canada, 7,635 km (4710 mi.); Tour Arctic, 915 km (565 mi.).
- Average Daily Distances: Tour du Canada, 127 km (79 mi.; Tour Arctic, 97 km (60 mi.).
- Location: All provinces and two territories.
Learn about our Tours:
Tour Arctic — Across Canada south to north
Tour Arctic starts in Whitehorse in 2017 and travels to Inuvik. Total days 13, 12 riding days, 1 rest day, ferry trips 2, total distance by bike 1310 km (810 mi.), daily average 109 km (67 mi.)
Learn more about Tour Arctic.
Tour du Canada — Across Canada west to east, All Provinces
Tour du Canada is a cross-Canada club event. Participants are members of the club and participate in the club and event on a shared cost basis. It is an annual event first held in 1988. 59 riding days, total distance by bike 7,640 km (4,645 miles), daily average 129 km ( 80 mi.).
Learn more about Tour du Canada.
Challenge Level for Cycle Canada Tours
Distances and Terrain
- Leisurely Tours with average daily distances of 45 km to 81 km (28 mi. to 50 mi.)Terrain is not hilly.
- Vacation Tours 84 km to 110 km (52 mi. to 8 mi.). Mostly gentle to rolling terrain, some trips have 1 or 2 days of climbing. .
- Expedition Tours with average daily distances of 100 km to 117 km (62 mi. to 72 mi.). Terrain can be hilly and very challenging, sometimes in remote areas.
- Cross Canada Tours. West-east average daily distances of 127km (79mi.); to high north 97 km (60 mi.). Terrain can be hilly and very challenging, sometimes in remote areas.
- Indoor Accommodation. Motels, hotels, historic Inns and Bed and Breakfasts
- Camping Accommodation. Serviced campgrounds with hot water showers, flush toilets and electricity
- Camping Accommodation. A few unserviced campgrounds without hot water showers, in some cases no flush toilets and no electricity
- Some indoor Accommodation. University summer hotels, hostel dorms, motels and hotels
- Breakfast on riding days, snacks, one group dinner
- Breakfast and and some lunches on riding days, snacks
- On all tours there is a motor vehicle that carries rider gear and group equipment.