Cycle Canada Tours
Leisurely Tours .
- Tour Length: Six day leisurely tours, with five days of riding.
- Accommodation: Indoor, hotels, motels, inns.
- Terrain Very little climbing.
- Range of Trip Distances: 225 km to 350 km (140 mi. to 215 mi.).
- Range of Average Daily Distances: 45 km to 81 km (28 mi. to 50 mi.).
- Location: In parts of Quebec and Ontario that are rich in history.
Learn about our Tours:
Niagara Vineyards — Hamiliton to Niagara Falls, Ontario
A bicycle tour that "wine"ds its way around Niagara. The terrain is gentle and the daily distances modest. Much of our route is on dedicated paths. 5 days riding, total distance 225 km (140 mi), daily average 45 km (28 mi).
Learn more about Niagara Vineyards.
The Great Spirit Ride — Manitoulin Island, Ontario
Our tour on Manitoulin island, home of the Great Spirit, starts and ends with a ferry ride from Tobermory, at the west side of Lake Huron's Georgian Bay. It's a counter-clockwise ride on the world's biggest island surrounded by fresh water. 5 riding days, total distance by bike 350 km (215 mi.), daily average 70 km (43 mi.).
Learn more about The Great Spirit Ride.
MonteVelo — Ottawa to Montreal
A relaxed ride along the gentle southern section of the Ottawa River starting with a day to explore the bike paths of Ottawa and ending on bike paths that lead to Montreal's Place Jacques Cartier. We go past Chateau Montebello, the biggest log cabin in the world. 4 days riding including a sightseeing day in Ottawa, distance for three days along the Ottawa River 245 km (150 mi), daily average 81 km (50 mi)..
Learn more about MonteVelo.
Distances and Terrain
- Leisurely Tours with average daily distances of 45 km to 81 km (28 mi. to 50 mi.)Terrain is not hilly.
- Vacation Tours 84 km to 110 km (52 mi. to 8 mi.). Mostly gentle to rolling terrain, some trips have 1 or 2 days of climbing. .
- Expedition Tours with average daily distances of 100 km to 117 km (62 mi. to 72 mi.). Terrain can be hilly and very challenging, sometimes in remote areas.
- Cross Canada Tours. West-east average daily distances of 127km (79mi.); to high north 97 km (60 mi.). Terrain can be hilly and very challenging, sometimes in remote areas.
- Indoor Accommodation. Motels, hotels, historic Inns and Bed and Breakfasts
- Camping Accommodation. Serviced campgrounds with hot water showers, flush toilets and electricity
- Camping Accommodation. A few unserviced campgrounds without hot water showers, in some cases no flush toilets and no electricity
- Some indoor Accommodation. University summer hotels, hostel dorms, motels and hotels
- Breakfast on riding days, snacks, one group dinner
- Breakfast and and some lunches on riding days, snacks
- On all tours there is a motor vehicle that carries rider gear and group equipment.