Travel the Green Way
Tour Vert is a one week supported bicycle tour where cyclists ride from Montréal to Québec City. On our tour we'll have a chance to explore two of Canada's most popular cities, Montréal and Québec City, and explore the Eastern Townships region of the province of Québec.
We start Tour Vert in the heart of Montréal
We encourage participants to arrive early before the start of the tour and explore this exciting city. We travel through and stay in attractive smaller historic villages along the route.
The terrain on Tour Vert is fairly hilly in parts and we have shortened those days to make them manageable.
The tour includes 5 days of riding and 6 nights accommodation.Availability Register
Montréal, Québec City and the Eastern Townships
Tour Vert is a one week supported bicycle tour where cyclists ride from Montréal to Québec City.
We start Tour Vert in the heart of Montréal. From downtown Montréal we cross the St. Lawrence River and soon are on a dedicated bike route through the suburban sprawl on the South Shore. We follow the Richelieu River to Saint-Jean and from there we travel overland to the north end of Lake Champlain.
Our ride takes us east, to les Cantons-de-l'Est
Then we head into the heart of les Cantons-de-l'Est, the Eastern Townships district that has long been a vacation destination for Montrealers. This is an area of many villages and we ride through Sutton and Knowlton, two charming communities with lovely historic homes. For a while our route follows the shores of Lake Mephremagog, a name from the Algonquian language meaning "very big expanse of water."
From the village of Magog we follow the Magog River to Sherbrooke. We'll travel to Victoriaville and Plessisville. Plessiville calls itself the maple capital of the world. Québec is justly famous for its maple syrup and that nectar is exported around the world from this region.
A group dinner and Return Option
We'll have a group dinner at the end of the tour. There is a return option from Québec City to Montréal, including your bike or participants can stay on and return to Montréal by bus or train.
Tour Summary Dates and Fees
- Montréal, Québec to Québec City
- Dates: July 18 to July 23
- Fees are per person in Canadian funds
|Optional Single Supplement||$425.00||$21.25||$446.25|
|Return Option (Bike and Passenger) July 24 or August 4||$100.00||$5.00||$105.00|
|Return Option (Bike) July 24||$50.00||$2.50||$52.50|
- Total amount includes Registration Fee ($150.00) and Deposit ($150.00) which are non-refundable (please refer to our cancellation policy)
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST). There is a discount of 50% of the HST amount for non-Canadian residents (on tour fee only, not options)..
- Single room option may be limited. We are not able guarantee ensuite bathrooms.
Accommodation & Meals
- 6 nights indoor accommodation at motels, hotel and a Country Inn.
- 5 breakfasts
- 1 dinner
- Fruit and snacks on riding days
Distances and Rating
- Total Distance — 465 km (290 mi)
- Daily Average — 93 km (57 mi)
- Longest Day — 115 km (71 mi)
- Riding Days — 5