Georgian Bay is a 3 day mini-tour that travels along the quiet rural roads and paths by Georgian Bay. You will stay in a comfortable motel for two nights, so you can settle in, relax, have a mini-vacation and enjoy some quality cycling
Georgian Bay is a large bay situated on Lake Huron, one of the largest bodies of freshwater in the world. Due to its large size the bay it is often referred to as the sixth Great Lake. Georgian Bay water is known for its clear beautiful rich turquoise colour due to its limestone bedrock.
Cyclists will stay for two nights in Collingwood. Après-cycling you will be able to choose from a wide and fun selection of unique restaurants, bars, craft breweries and cafes within a reasonable walking distance. Collingwood is in close proximity to prime farm land and the community supports local farmers and regional fare.
Cycling is on paved roads and paths, some sections of paths are unpaved. Our schedule will include two loops and an out and back ride. We'll catch some lovely views of the lake. The remainder will be on quiet country roads.
We're excited to have you join us. This is Cycle Canada's backyard and we look forward to welcoming you and helping you have a mini-vacation in these challenging times
Join us for three days of riding alongside Lake Huron's, Georgian Bay. We'll limit group size to 10 riders and we will practise social distancing during this ride.
Here are photos from the June tour:
Tour Summary Dates and Fees
- Tour 1 - June 29 to July 1, 2020 (complete)
- Tour 2 - Saturday, September 5 to Monday September 7
- Tour 3 - Friday, September 11 to Sunday, September 13
- Fees are per person in Canadian funds, double accommodation
|Optional Single Supplement||$175.00||$22.75||$197.75|
- Total amount includes Registration Fee ($150.00) and Deposit ($150.00) which are non-refundable (please refer to our cancellation policy)
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST).
Accommodation & Meals
- 2 nights indoor accommodation
- 2 breakfasts
- Vehicle and/or telephone backup, waterbottle and reflective triangle
Distances and Rating
- Total Distance — 309 km (191 mi)
- Daily Average — 103 km (64 mi)
- Longest Day — 112 km (69 mi)
- Riding Days — 3
For our Mini-tours check-in on day one will be after our ride, and check-out on day 3 will be before our ride. If you require additional nights you can request this on the registration form.
Please read these information sheets on tips for riding through the time of COVID-19
- Cycle Canada Tour Protocols During COVID-19
- Best Practices for Cycling through COVID-19.
- What to Expect at Hotels.
Challenge Level: One out of four Cogs (medium challenge)