Join us for a week-long cycling tour from Ottawa to Québec City.
Voyageur Route is a bicycle tour from Ottawa to Québec City via Montréal. Our route follows the courses of the Ottawa, Richelieu and St. Lawrence Rivers.
Five days of cycling with six nights of accommodation
Voyageur Route is a one week supported bicycle tour where cyclists ride from Ottawa to Québec City via Montréal.
The gentle pace of this ride allows ample time to enjoy local attractions, or take side trips. Evenings will be a time to socialize. Breakfasts are provided by local hosts or in local restaurants. There is a group dinner included in the package and we'll make suggestions for dinner at locations near where you stay.Availability Register
Meet in Ottawa the night before the first day's ride
Riders for Cycle Canada's Voyageur Route meet in downtown Ottawa, Canada's capital city. We encourage riders to arrive early so they can explore this city. There will be an orientation session in the evening before the ride.
Cyclists leave from the national capital and follow the Ottawa River towards Montréal. Our route leaving Ottawa on the first day takes us past Embassies, the Governor-General's residence and the Prime Minister's residence.
We follow the Ottawa River to our first night's stay in Hawkesbury. From here we head towards Montréal.
Sideroads, paths and country lanes
From Montréal we travel to Québec City alongside the Richelieu and St. Lawrence Rivers.
Leaving Montréal our tour heads south to the Richelieu River and then follows the Richelieu until it joins the St. Lawrence at Sorel. We will track the edge of a geologically ancient escarpment through small villages most of the way to Trois-Rivières and then follow the St. Lawrence into Québec City.
Tour Summary Dates and Fees
- Ottawa, Ontario to Quebec City, Quebec
- Dates: TBA
- Fees are per person in Canadian funds, double occupancy TBA
|Optional Single Supplement||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Return Option (Bike and Passenger)||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|Return Option (Bike)||TBA||TBA||TBA|
- Total amount includes Registration Fee ($150.00) and Deposit ($150.00) which are non-refundable (please refer to our cancellation policy)
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST). There is a discount of 50% of the HST amount for non-Canadian residents (applicable on Tour fee only).
- Single room option may be limited. We are not able guarantee ensuite bathrooms.
Accommodation & Meals
- Nights indoor — 6 nights
- 1 dinners and 5 breakfasts
Distances and Rating
- Total Distance — 555 km (345 mi)
- Daily Average — 110 mi (68 mi)
- Longest Day — 121 km (75 mi)
- Riding Days — 5
Challenge Level: Two out of four Cogs (medium challenge)