Tour du Canada
Tour du Canada is a club, a cross-Canada bike tour and a non-profit corporation. This annual event was first held in 1988 and 2022 will be our 32rd year! Approximately 1,000 people have completed this ride.
Participants in the cross-Canada ride are members of the club and participate in the tour on a shared cost and shared effort basis.
Cycle Canada manages the administrative affairs of Tour du Canada. Tour du Canada has its own website and the information below is a summary:
Summary of Event Details
Dates and Fees
- June 22 — September 2, 2022
- The fee will be announced in October 2021. Base fee (for 2021) was: $6,025.00 plus HST: $263.54 for a total of $6,288.54 per rider. For full details please visit: Tour du Canada 2022 The fee structure is described in the statement of Practices and Policies.
- Bursaries available for young people: Bursaries to participate in Tour du Canada
- Across Canada from the west coast to the east coast.
- Vancouver, B.C. to St. John's, Newfoundland Labrador
- Travelling to all 10 Canadian provinces
- Total days — 72
- Riding days — 60
- Total distance by bike 7,635 km (4,710 miles)
- Daily average 129 km ( 80 mi.)
- Longest day — 174 km (107 mi.)
- Optional Mile 0 start trip(Victoria)
- 63 nights camping, 10 nights indoor accommodation at university residences.
- Ferry cabin to Newfoundland (4 to a cabin)
- Hotel accommodation on final night in Newfoundland.
Meals are prepared by riders. Support driver shops for food.
- Hot Breakfasts (pancakes, french toast, oatmeal, eggs in rotation), cereal, trail mix, fruit, yoghurt.
- Hot Dinners (1/3 vegetarian). Vegetarian option nightly for vegetarians
- Coffeee, Tea, Hot Chocolate
- Group celebration and awards dinner or brunch at end of the ride
- Fruit and snacks with all meals, make your own sandwiches for lunch (pbj) .
- Full day orientation at start of trip
- Support Truck to carry gear plus driver
- Driver does food purchasing
- Group cooking equipment
- Tool kit and stand suitable for common repairs
Summary information (PDF) »Tour du Canada
Tour du Canada Website » Tour du Canada
Wave the Flag
Cycle Canada Store
Cycle Canada offers a range of cycling accessories through our online store. Our line of Canadian themed cycling jerseys are recognizable throughout Canada and around the world. Whether you are travelling overseas or across Canada » Wave the Flag in a Cycle Canada jersey.
Please visit » The Cycle Canada Store for our sizing and selection.
Other Expedition Tours
Whitehorse to Inuvik
Vancouver to Calgary