Quebec City and Around the Gaspé to Carleton, Quebec
Tour Gaspé is a two-week trip along the south shore of the Gulf of St. Lawrence from Quebec City to tip of the Gaspé Peninsula and then on to Carleton, Quebec.
Follow the South Shore of the Gulf of St. Lawrence
Tour Gaspé is a supported tour and accommodation is indoors and camping. There are rest days in Matane and Gaspé, near the tip of the Gaspé Peninsula. Cycling will be on paved roads. Terrain is hilly in some sections with climbs and descents that can be quite steep, although not particularly long. Services in some areas can be minimal and between villages. Scenery is spectacular, especially along high cliffs on the shoreline of the peninsula.
To learn more about the level of support on Cycle Canada's tours please visit Frequently Asked QuestionsCalendar Register
Canada's Oldest French City
Quebec City is roughly where the Gulf of St. Lawrence ends and the river begins as you travel inland by water. From Quebec City our tour travels east along the south shore where we pass through a district known for its farms and artisans on our route to Rimouski. Rimouski is the largest city in a region known as Bas St.–Laurent (Lower St. Lawrence). From there we go to Matane where we have a rest day.
The Gulf of St. Lawrence, an Ecological Treasure
The waters of the Gulf of St. Lawrence provide a rich and diverse marine habitat. Beluga whales live there year-round and it is a breeding ground for literally hundreds of species of birds with flocks estimated to be up to 15,000.
Riding the Shoreline of the Gaspé Peninsula
Matane is generally considered to be the eastern edge of tidal flow. From there we ride along the rocky shoreline to Gaspé and have our second rest day there. From Gaspé we'll follow the waters of Baie-des-Chaleurs (bay of warmth) to Percé which is famous for its picture postcard rock island. Then we ride along the bay to a bridge to Carleton, Quebec.
Return to Quebec City by Bus
We'll return to Quebec City by bus from Carleton
Tour Summary Dates and Fees
- Fees and Dates 2022: TBA
- Fees are per person in Canadian funds, double accommodation
- **Fees will change in the event we must change this tour to an all indoor trip. Please contact us if you have questions.
- Total amount includes Registration Fee ($150.00) and Deposit ($250.00) which are non-refundable (please refer to our cancellation policy)
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST).
- We are not able to guarantee ensuite bathrooms.
Accommodation & Meals
- Nights indoors — 7 nights
- Nights camping — 7 nights
- Bus fare to Quebec City
- 7 dinners and 11 breakfasts
- Nutritonal on the road lunch on riding days.
* Accommodation in Quebec City on the night before the first riding day included. We will tavel by bus from Carleton-sur-Mer to Quebec City. Your accommodation that night in Quebec City is included, checkout of our Quebec hotel (we can help you arrange extra nights if you wish)..
Distances and Rating
- Total Distance — 1000 km (620 mi)
- Daily Average — 100 km (62 mi)
- Longest Day — 135 km (83 mi)
- Riding Days — 10
- Rest Days — 3
- Breakfasts — 11
- Dinners — 2
Challenge Level: Four Cogs(highest)
To learn more about the level of support on Cycle Canada's tours and an explanation of the above rating system please visit » FAQ