Vancouver to Calgary via the Icefields Parkway
Tour Pacific is a bicycle tour from Vancouver to Calgary via the Icefields Parkway. Experience western Canada with its breathtaking views of mountains and glaciers. 2020 will be our 20th annual ride.
Cycle through British Columbia & Alberta
Support is provided by Cycle Canada and includes luggage transfer, daily route sheets, a mix of indoor and camping accommodation, breakfast on riding days and some campground group dinners. Plus additional services.
There rest are two rest days, in Kamloops and Jasper.
Cycling will be on paved roads, although there can be construction and there are optional upaved suggestions. Services in some areas can be minimal and riders will pass through remote areas with spectacular scenery.Calendar Register
Tour Pacific 2011
Spectacular B.C. & Alberta
Following the Fraser River to Cowboy Country
Our ride starts in Vancouver, B.C. From Vancouver, we will ride on the north side of the Fraser River Valley until we reach the Coast Mountains. Our pass through this range is the Fraser River Canyon. Past Hell's Gate, we reach the junction of the Fraser and Thompson Rivers. Then we follow the Nicola River, passing by big ranches where cowboys still do the roundups on horseback.
Our first day off is in Kamloops. Kamloops is the regional centre for Cariboo district of British Columbia and a town with all the modern amenities.
North Thompson River and Mount Robson
We'll follow the North Thompson River almost to the base of Mount Robson, the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies. There is climbing but the route over Yellowhead Pass to Jasper is relatively easy.
The Columbia Icefields, Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff
We'll visit Jasper, an historic townsite in the Rockies where we'll have a day off to explore Jasper National Park.
From Jasper we will follow the Athabasca and Sunwapta Rivers – we're on the world renowned Icefields Parkway where we view the the Columbia Icefields a 325 square kilometre field of ice and snow that overflows into 8 spectacular glaciers.
At the Icefields we cross into Banff National Park and make our way to the Saskatchewan River Crossing, or The Crossing. We'll ride through the Mistaya River valley to the highest point of the Parkway which is the Bow Summit at 2056 metres. We stay in Lake Louise and Moraine Lake, 15 km south has excellent hiking trails.
Then it's along the Bow River to Banff and down through the foothills to Calgary.
We'll have a farewell group dinner in Calgary and your room that night is included in the package.
Tour Summary Dates and Fees
- Tour Pacific
- Vancouver, B.C. to Calgary, Alberta
- Dates: July 27 to August 11, 2021
- Fees below are for 2020, fees for 2021 will be announced in October 2020. They are per person, double accommodation* in Canadian funds
|Optional Single Supplement||$975.00||$48.75||$1023.75|
- Total amount includes Registration Fee ($150.00) and Deposit ($250.00) which are non-refundable (please refer to our cancellation policy)
- Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- *For indoor stays. (Riders bring their own tents for camping). Single room option may be limited. We are not able guarantee ensuite bathrooms. There is some construction at sections of our Banff hotel however we don't anticipate it will have a significant impact on us.
Accommodation & Meals
- 9 nights indoor
- 7 nights camping
- 12 breakfasts
- 8 dinners (1 is a pizza dinner in Calgary)
- Nutritional on the road lunches on riding days
- Snacks on riding days
Distances and Rating
- Total days — 15
- Riding days — 13
- Rest days — 2 Kamloops and Jasper
- Total distance by bike 1345 km (830 mi.)
- Daily average — 103 km (64 mi.)
- Longest day — 153 km ( 94 mi.)
There is an Orientation session on July 27, 2021. That night's accommodation in Vancouver is included in the package. The next day, the 28th is the first riding day. The final riding day is August 11th and that night's accommodation in Calgary is included.To learn more about the level of support on Cycle Canada's tours and an explanation of the above rating system please visit » FAQ